We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Monday, December 28, 2015

Finish Free Devotional - Day 10 of 13

Thankful Heart


Prayer
Lord thank you for being good. Thank you for holding me in your hands this year. Thank you for protecting me from the things I couldn’t see and keeping me safe through the things I could. You, my Lord, are a great God. You are faithful and just. You don’t turn your back on me no matter what I go through and for that I am so grateful. Thank you for the love you’ve shown me through others and thank you for the provision you’ve given me and my family. I can trust you and I place my faith in your sovereignty. You are worthy to be praised.
In your Son’s Holy Name
Amen


Verses
Philippians 4:6-7


Thoughts
The key to unlocking your blessings in 2016 is plainly written in God’s word. He says to enter His gates with thanksgiving. In the verses above He asks us to come to Him with prayer and thanksgiving when we give our requests to Him There is nothing wrong with asking God for His promises. The truth is you have needs, we all do, and the Lord has proclaimed to be our provider. But he doesn’t just want us to ask and beg for these things. He wants us to be thankful. Thankful for the things He’s already done, thankful for what is to come, and thankful for the amazing God that He is. Do not be anxious about the changes you want to see happen in your life. With prayer AND thanksgiving God will hear your requests. Trust in Him.


Questions
What has God done for you in the last year?
Who did God prove himself to be to you in the last year?
What do you believe God will do for you in the future?


Challenge 
After answering these questions, take time in prayer daily to thank the Lord for all He's done and for who He is. Start transforming your heart to a heart of thanksgiving and I believe you will see things unfold in the next year like you've never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment