We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Finish Free Devotional - Day 5 of 13

Because He Cares About You

Prayer
Father God, thank you for your goodness. Thank you that even though I don’t deserve it you have an unfailing love toward me. You want to protect me and you want to see me free from worry. You care about me and I am so thankful. I pray and believe that the struggles I faced in the last year will make me stronger for the year to come. You are my redeemer and I want to walk into this new year restored. Help me to not fear failure based on what I saw to be failures in this last season. I pray to walk into this year believing the best about myself and believing that you have called me to greater. I love you Lord.
In your Son’s name, Amen

Verses
1 Peter 5:6-11

Thoughts
I am believing that I can use the tools I gained from my battles in 2015 to overcome in 2016. Anxiety was a tough struggle for me this year. And as the year closes there is much that the enemy wants us to be anxious about. All the things we didn’t do in the last 12 month and all the things we hope to have the strength to do in the 12 months to come. But your freedom is chained by your anxiety. If you’re feeling anxious remember what we talked about in my blog post on anxiety. Stop. Breath. Build your confidence in the Lord. Identify what’s making you anxious. Resist. Believe the words of 1 Peter 5:7…”Cast all your Anxiety on God because He cares about you.” He wants to take your worry from you simply because He loves you. What a good God we serve.  

Questions
What battles did you face in 2015?
What tools did you gain from your battles?
What are you feeling anxious about in the coming of the new year?
What are the truths that speak to the things you are worried about?

Challenge
Recognize where you are anxious and cast your worry to the Lord, believing that He is trustworthy, has your best interest in hand, and is taking care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment