We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Thursday, December 24, 2015

Finish Free Devotional - Day 6 of 13

Speak the Truth

Prayer
Father God, touch my heart today. Father there are times when I feel so unworthy of the love given to me by others. I believe the lie that if they only new my struggle they wouldn't love me the same. Father I renounce this lie. Lord help us to find the words today to be kind to ourselves. To look in the mirror and not only say that we're beautiful but to believe it. Help us to see ourselves in your gracious eyes. Help us as we reflect on 2015 to be kind to ourselves. To see things how they really are according to your word and not the enemies lies. I am beautiful. I am strong. I am not defeated. You are with me and I am yours. You care for me. You believe in me because ultimately I was your idea. I am not a disappointment. And I am not a burden to my family. I love you Lord. Thank you for always allowing us to come back to the truth.
In Your Son's Name, Amen

Verses
Ephesians 4:29
Proverbs 16:24

Thoughts
Boy did I need this more than ever today! As we walk into this new year let's focus on the way that we look at ourselves and talk to ourselves. There is so much power in our words. They breed life or death. We often learn this lesson well for how we should treat others but we too often omit this lesson when it comes to how we speak to ourselves. You are a son or daughter of the Almighty King. And you are a son and daughter that this almighty father is proud of. We must be cautious not to compare Him to earthly fathers. For they are human and they all fall short and to a lot of us out they are even completely nonexistent but hold tight because your Heavenly father is nothing like that. And even to those with a great earthly father, know God loves your even more than that. God does not shame you, God does not label you a disappointment, God does not give up on you. You are His and He looks at you in the midst of your struggles or personal disappointments and smiles. So be kind to yourself. Treat yourself as you would treat others in a hard time. Call yourself worthy, call yourself chosen, call yourself called, call yourself beautiful, call yourself purposed. This is not crazy, this is speaking truth and will bring those desolate places in you to life.

Questions
Where do you feel low self-worth?
What are you shameful of?
What does God's word say to you in response to these lies?
How can you purposefully practice being kinder to yourself?

Challenge
End negative self talk and thoughts. When you catch yourself doing this think about what you would say to your best friend or your child if they were dealing with those same thoughts or worries and change your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment