We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rings and Things



Oh what a day :) Yesterday, Nic and I went down to Winston-Salem to do some wedding things. Our plan was to pick out his tuxes and to buy our rings and we were sucessful in both! If feels so good to get things done in this whole wedding planning process.

We were on our way there and as soon as we were in a 45 mile radius of Winston Nic wanted Ronnie's Chicken Wings. This is his favorite restaurant and it is a little whole in the wall wing place that he loves more than anything. Unfortunately, I just couldn't do it. I love wings but it was like 11 o'clock in the morning haha and way to early for something like wings. I was able to talk him into letting us go there on our way back for dinner :)

We did tuxes first. The process was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be but it was good. Nic got a little thrown off because I did not prep him for anything and he had more decisions than he thought to make. He is so funny in these situations that I wish everyone could just be with us haha. It is so hard to even put into words the faces and the funny stress that comes over him. He had no idea that the groom normally wears something different than his groomsmen haha so he got completely thrown off when he had to choose something different for himself. The tuxes are sweet and I love the color combos :) Nic will be in all black with a platnium vest and tie and the guys will have purple vests and ties. Here is the best part...Nic got a TAIL! Haha he has been saying since we got engaged that he wanted a tux with a tail on it. I really do not know why other than the fact he thinks it looks cool but the whole time I have told him that he can get one I just want to see what it looks like on him first. It just seemed so silly to me but I didn't want to just say no because it is his wedding too and he should get what he wants. Well I asked the guy at Men's Wearhouse if they had the tux with the tail for Nic to try on and they DIDNT have it! They only had a picture of it. Nic and I looked at it and I asked him repeatedly if it was really what he wanted. He continued to say yes and guess what...he got his tails! Haha I know he will look handsome in them I just think it is so funny that it is what he wanted so badly. He can be so unpredictable sometimes and it is great!

After being at the tux place for longer than expected we headed out to the mall. I already knew what band I wanted so we went there first. I checked it out and Nic found an AWESOME ring at the same place. It was pretty expensive so we (I) decided we should go to all the other stores first to see if we could find it at a better price. I call this good shopping haha but Nic on the other hand could have gone with out it. After going to one more jewelry store he needed a break haha. The poor thing just can't handle all this shopping, clothes, and jewelry type stuff. I giggled at him constantly and we sat down and had a pretzel. We then kept going and about 3 stores later we made a decision. He got the first ring and I am so excited for him because it seriously is awesome! We got a picture after we purchased them and I posted it above :) We got starbucks before we left which is the best treat of coming off this mountain. While in line Nic started making up songs about how bad his feet hurt and I knew I had pushed him to his limit haha. Good thing we saved Ronnie's for last!! It was a great treat for our long day!

But no matter how tiring it was for the both of us the great thing is that we are just happy to be with each other. We laugh, we sometimes complain, but we are not hateful and we seriously just simply have the best time together. Nic is by far the funniest person I know and I am so happy that for the rest of my life I get to experience every bit of it. We had a great day!



Only 3 months and 2 weeks away! We are getting so close!

1 comment:

  1. Kira, I LOVE this! I feel like I was with yall on this awesome day haha. This makes me want to go shopping for mine and jared's bands now! I have so much other weddings things to do before we do that though, but yalls fun story made me excited! :) I am so happy for yall and know that God will bless yours and nic's marriage in so many ways. i love you kira!! and miss you terribly! I will be in Boone May 7th for Jared's graduation so I better be seeing you missy! Good luck planning! Maybe one weekend we can get together and plan together!

    ReplyDelete