We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello Break!

Here I am sitting at work waiting on my 9:30 parent meeting to show up and I thought I would take this time to catch up on the blog. I am so excited because Easter break is almost here! Although I do not get a full week off like most schools do I still get this Friday and next Monday and I am headed home :)

My mom is throwing me a bridal shower on Saturday which I am super excited about! I love so much to celebrate with my friends and family from home. I do not get much time to spend with them since I live in Boone but I still love them to death. I have been truly blessed to still have such a great community in Wilmington. When I go home, even after 5 years of not living there, it's like I never skipped a beat! I love it. Not to mention I will once again get to be showered with love and PRESENTS. I will admit though, I am going to miss Nic. I like to share these moments with him and I want him to get to open and see the presents too, but the girl and family time will be great!

Now that I have bragged on my friends in Wilmington let me brag on my friends in Boone! 5 of the girls up here are coming to my shower! It is a 4 and half to 5 hour drive but it isn't stopping them. (I think the fact that I live at the beach is influential in this decision but I know that they love me just as much as the beach :) )

I know this weekend is going to be a ton of fun and I can't wait to tell you about it. Not to mention it is Easter, my favorite holiday. I am excited to spend it with my family especially considering this will be my last holiday as a single person. I of course am going to love having Nic with me so much more but I am glad that I get to take this time with them. I know they love for me to come home and it is a rare occasion that I get too, so it will be a treat for all of us.

If you don't know much about my home town, you should know that it is the greatest place! I have always said that it is my heart and soul and I pray my parents never leave there so my excuse to visit never runs dry. Here are a few things I plan to do while I am there.

1. Go to the Beach
2. Wear a dress every day
3. Eat at Tower 7/K-38 (either one will satisfy)
4. Go downtown to the River
5. Go out with my friends
6. Play with my puppies (they aren't really puppies anymore but to me they are)
7. Have my dad grill out in the back yard
8. Go shopping in real stores (poor Boone just doesn't cut it in the shopping area)
9. Get PORT CITY JAVA everyday (maybe an occasional Starbucks treat too)
10. Get crab dip while I am out to eat (Family dinner at Bluewater is sounding pretty good)
11. Go to the Fuzzy Peach for self serve yogurt bar
12. Eat a Robert's Chicken Salad Sandwich
13. Get wedding things done that are impossible to do from Boone
14. Walk the loop at the beach
15. Hopefully talk my friends into taking me out on the boat (love the boat over the beach any day)

Just a view things. I love home. I LOVE Boone, but I still love home! Excited for my break! Can't wait to tell you all about it!

Have a wonderful Easter, I hope you are overwhelmed with love and joy in the realization of our Savior's miracle of redemption!

Love you,

Kira

2 comments:

  1. sounds like the best weekend!!! i wish i could be there! love you so much! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hate I had to miss it, but I know you the BEST weekend with friends and family!! You deserve to be showered with presents and love :)

    ReplyDelete