We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Monday, April 4, 2011

A note from Nic!!!

Hey Everyone,(this is Nic)

All things have become more exciting and more real as Kira and I approach the wedding day. What a huge commitment and covenant not only with each other but also with the Lord as we enter into this brand new world. I am Nervously Excited to see the work of the Lord and to truly encounter a new Grace in my Life.....

With all of these great penetrating emotions, thoughts, and feelings I would love to take a moment to embrace this concept fearlessness from a different perspective...

To share this vantage point some times causes a person not to merely embrace the product but the process.

Quoted from a book which the title at this moment has escaped my mind is the story of an Art Teacher and her application to the way the brain functions. At this point please do not check out because I referenced "brain functions" remember its about process not product and my assumption is that you have engaged in reading this in order to in someway connect with the creator of this blog on a detailed level. ( I digress)

Back to the Art Teacher:

In her studies she found out that the left side of the brain controls the part of your thinking that produces for the meaning, the foresight, and to be direct this side of your brain wants the final product. This part of the brain allows you to think ahead while someone as speaking and really get to the point the individual is trying to make....Now then the right side of your brain produces details, angles, creativity, in other words process. I hope this makes sense.. Left side of the Brain:Product ;Right side of the brain: Process

The Art Teacher in order to stimulate the minds of her students took a very famous painting from Picasso and had one group of students paint it right side up and the other group of students paint it while it was turned upside down. The findings were phenomenal!!! The students that had to paint it upside down had created more accurate and more detailed replicas of the painting!!! BY doing this the teacher shut down those students foresight and final product thinking and forced them to use the right side of there brain that accesses detail and process!!!

She shut down those students preconceived notions of that painting to allow them to see it in a different light...BRILLIANT

I share this story as an intro to this concept of fearlessness because in essence I took it and flipped it upside down in order to get another vantage point. With that being said I in reality only scratched the surface of this potent word, "Fearlessness"

"Fearlessness."

Facing Fears:

In the book Seven Secrets to Unfolding Destiny by Dr. Mark Chironna this comment is made:

"You cannot confront emotional pain without confronting the underlying fear. This is true of many emotions including grief, resentment, indignation, and anger (anger being a mask for fear). Much of this processing can be done internally. For instance, when you become angry, you can pause and ask yourself "What am I afraid of in this situation?" Once you consciously make the anger-fear connection, you can confront the emotional root that is driving your reactions"

This anger-fear connection is the concept I really would like to explore.

I. When anger produces success!!

For many Athletes, Business Men, and even Leaders anger has produced success. As we have shown above the manifestation of Anger is the inward expression of Fear. We become happy being angry when we see our anger producing what we think is success. Sometimes we use anger as motivation for our employees to work hard, sometimes it is our fuel for accomplishing a hard task, and also can be used to fend off unwanted conversation or any methods one may prefer. The confusing part arises when these unhealthy acts produce success. If success is seen as material gain or public prestige then we can attach success to an array of individuals. If anger is a part of the process to produce this "Happiness" or "Success" then we never truly face our fears.

To break it down it looks like this:

Happy being Angry because Material Success is present = Fears never faced because I am using my Anger to drive me and others around me toward a my personal Goals

Why change something if it is producing what I want? Why take the time to ask myself this humiliating question of "What am I afraid?"
In the male word this is seen as almost blaspheme but in order to truly face fears our view of success has to be properly aligned. What a skewed image of success we have built when we choose to ride the wave of anger into the sunny beaches of material wealth while we have thrown overboard all sense of identity, family,and integrity. Fearlessness is interacting, pursuing, and effortlessly operating from a realm of self peace that only can be achieved through the realization that fear was never meant for us to cling to...

You cannot operate out of fear and feel whole!! So the question arises in my mind, If anger is a form of motivation how do you achieve true success with genuine motivation!?! Your are motivated through your calling!
I am not afraid of what others will say or do!
I am not afraid of the total outcome!
I am not in fear of the process or the product because I am called!
And because I am called success chastens itself to my every motion surging forward to advance the Kingdom of God!!!
Fearlessness resides in your ability to alter your perception of success and evaluate the emotions the are driving your motivation...

Be Encouraged you are CALLED!!
...more to come!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! LOVE YOU TWO! It's definitely encouraging to read this blog already and I love that Nic has made an appearance! You two are the best! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Kira! Way to make a impact!

    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete