We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Refreshed and Ready to Roll



I am back and refreshed :) I had such a great time at home this weekend it was unbelievable. I truly missed being in Boone and at my church for Easter but the time with my friends and family was much needed.

Look how cool my shower cake was!! We tested out the lady that we are getting to do our wedding cake and check it out, it looks awesome and it tasted awesome! My wedding cake will look nothing like this haha but it still shows she can do a great job! The shower was a lot of fun! It was sweet to have all my friends together from all different places and to have my family there also was such a blessing. My mom put everything together and I give a shout out to her for being the world's best mom!! I am not kidding, I have the best parents! And my best friend Jackie directed everything and put together the games and she was so great! It is so sweet to see all my friends and family together in one place.

Easter was different but it was really great. I went to church with my brother and his girlfriend and then I went to my home church and met up with a friend there. I haven't been to my home church in over a year probably and it had been a while since I had seen everyone. It was the Pastor's last service after 25 years of ministry in the church, he is retiring. They whole church couldn't stop their tears as he pushed through to preach about the resurrection, faith, and how the Lord has brought him through these last 25 years. It was such a sweet sweet service. After the service I went to talk to all the ministers and other's and it was so sweet to be celebrated by them as they were just now seeing me for the first time since my engagement. It was a quick reminder of how blessed I was growing up to be surrounded by such great, caring, loving, and supporting adults in my church. I am thankful for everyone of them.

Sunday night I met up with my friends at a Mexican Restaurant in town and it was pretty much our entire group and we just sat there and talked about our lives together, our friendships, our memories, and the expected future. We laughed so hard we teared up and I am pretty sure that entire restaurant knew way more than they needed to about us as our voices in love and excitement couldn't help but elevate. When you sit at a table with a group of people you have been with for the last 12 years and realize that nothing has changed so far and it probably never will it will truly bless you. I feel like most my blogs are about great friends but relationships truly bless me. I cherish them, I will fight for them, and I will hardly ever let go of them. Thank you girls for being the best of friends to me. And thank you to all my other friends who are also the best of friends to me! I am refreshed daily by your relationships.

I am glad to be back in Boone with my sweet fiance, back to my amazing job, and great church! This week has already unfolded so many great things :) Will update you on everything at once next time :)

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Had so much fun with you my sweet friend! I miss you already but I'm so glad to have spent so much time with you while we were in Wilmington!

    xo,
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is awesome...cant wait to see your wedding cake!!! :)

    ReplyDelete