We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Never Perfect All the Time

Well, first of all...I watched the Royal Wedding this morning. I spend the night at Christi's, we both slept on her couches, set our alarm for 4:30am, finally had the strength to turn the TV on at 5, and spend our early morning watching a true prince and princess be married. It did not disappoint. I loved every second of it and I can not wait for it to be my moment to be a bride :) I think I will feel just like a princess on my wedding day. One because my groom is a true prince. Two because I have the most amazing dress. Three Nic will have on a tux with a tail. Four I will be swept away with my groom at the end of the night in a horse carriage. The list could go on and on but my point is, I get to be a princess one day very soon! I have never really been into princes and princesses and actually when I was younger I rarely dreamed of my wedding like most little girls do but I would be lying to say I will not soak up every moment of that day as mine and Nic's and be nothing short of a princess and I also have no shame in saying that I believe I will not feel any different than Kate felt this morning. To me Nic is more of a prince than anyone could ever be and I know in the eye of the Lord and in the eyes of my sweet fiance...I to am no different than a real princess, I am not saying I am viewed that way to everyone but I know that in the eyes of these two I am and on July 15, 2011 I'll get to have my own royal wedding :)

We have had LOTS of planning going on lately and I feel like we are on a role. Although, things have not been as smoothly has hoped for in many areas haha. I knew it would only last so long before the mishaps begun. But so far everything has been fixable :)

My bridesmaid's dresses were suppose to arrive this week. And the company e-mailed me the other day and said that the designer's did them in all the WRONG color! You should know that I ordered those dresses 3 months ago so it has been a long process for them to come in and I do not have 3 more months to wait for more dresses. But luckily since it was their fault not mine they are rushing the order and I will have the dresses in the RIGHT color in 3 weeks. (When they can do it that fast it makes you wonder what in the world they have been doing the last 3 MONTHS?)

Along with that I...
...Ordered my Invitations for the wrong company and they were only going to be able to make me ivory invitations with Burgundy ribbons (PS my colors are purple, black and silver.)
...One of my bridesmaids couldn't get the shoes I picked out for them
...and many other small changes to plans have happened

But on the other hand...
...I was able to cancel my invitations and order them from the right place
...The bridesmaid was actually my maid of honor and she is getting the shoes in black which will actually be cuter, so she will stand out
...my wedding dress has arrived
...we found a great house to live in
...our potential puppy was born this week
...GOD IS GOOD
...I get to marry the most amazing man
...Our wedding will be fantastic no matter if things don't go as planned :)

Mishaps are just mishaps...like I said so far everything has been able to be fixed. They may give you a temporary heart attack but you just have to laugh about it, make a plan B, and keep going. I believe that nothing can take from our wedding day. It is getting so close and I couldn't be more excited. I feel like most of the big things are pretty much out of the way and now we can really begin to focus on the ceremony and the flow of the night. This is the part that means the most to me and I am so excited for the vision to start forming.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Love you

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed by how you've handled everything and have not let anything really stress you out. You are doing a fantastic job and I am so excited about every little detail!! Its going to be perfect. Like a fairy tale. And I truly love how you guys love each other. Cheesiness is totally acceptable and appreciated!! :-)

    ReplyDelete