We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Monday, March 28, 2011

Wedding..Wedding..Wedding..MARRIAGE.

Planning a wedding and preparing for marriage are two very funny and different things. Unfortunately, especially for the girl the wedding can easily become the main focus. It is a constant of demands which include cakes, flowers, places, shoes, invitations, etc.and at times can seem neverending. But in the grand scheme of things the marriage is what is most important to prepare for. I think for every couple, to find the balance of preparing for these two very different things, can look different to everyone but with no doubt it has to be done.

Don't get me wrong because I love the planning part. So far I am proud to say I am 3 months into engagement and 3 and half months away from the actual wedding day and I have yet to be stressed. It is really just a check list and those are things that I am good at. I make a checklist for about everything I do :)And in reality there will be no other time I get to plan the biggest event ever that is all about me and my future hubby coming together. And I will never be able, with the gift and graciousness of my parents, have a budget of not my money to pick out the best and cutest and most wonderful things with the greatest deals and put them all together to make the perfect night! See doesn't that sound fun?!

But it is so important to keep your focus on what's really important. The marriage. Every day I think of something else that will be funny/interesting to see once Nic and I live together...FOREVER! haha :) The many things that will probably get on each others nerves at first, the many many adjustments of SHARING our space, even our bed, bathroom, and here's the toughest for me...the CLOSET!! :) We are going to enter a whole new world...the greatest world...full of laughter...full of fun...but also full of challenges!

Nic and I do our best to not take up all our time together talking about the details and decisions of our wedding. We actually hardly do talk about them. He likes to have a scheduled time...which I like :) It may seem funny but it works for us. And we have each other's full attention on silly things such as invitations and wedding party gifts. Outside of these "wedding talk times" we dedicate our time to build each other up, to enjoy each other's company, and to take time and make sure we are strengthening ourselves not only to enjoy the greatness of married life but to endure the challenges.

I wouldn't call us niave. We know and understand we don't know all that is ahead but we do want to know we are strong enough and united enough to face anything that comes our way.

Don't I have a great future husband?! He cares so much about the quality of our relationship and the fact that we are always growing together and growing individualy in the Lord! I think I'd have to say...he's the best :)

Sorry it took so long for me to blog since last time! I didn't feel to well this weekend! Nic and I are having one of our wedding talks tomorrow which inspired my post today! I'll let you know if anything fun or funny comes about in it. With the two of us...I am sure there will be!

Love you!
Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment