We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sun Shinny Rain



I am just sitting at my house resting before I head off to church and one of my favorite things in the world just happened...

It rained while the sun was still shining.

Im not sure why but ever since I was young it has excited me more than anything see an unexpected rainfall in the midst of a sunny day. It doesn't happen often. It's the kind of rain that is refreshing rather than inconvenient. It normally doesn't last long but it is enough to stop you in your tracks. The best is in the summer. When it cools off the heat of the ground. Oh how I love love love the smell of summer rain :)

How many times in life do we need that refreshing rain. When we are moving so fast and in our own rhythm and then something just stops us to grab our attention. Nothing is bad but nothing is particularly great either. And then something happens, whether it be the sweet voice of the Lord reminding you of who you are in His sight or whether it be a revelation that theres purpose to your routine day, it rejuvenates us! It refocuses the steps we take and the pace of which we are taking them. We stop and look around in amazement of what we've learned, heard, or seen. Steam comes off of the heat we have been producing just as the steam comes off the hot asphalt after a quick sun shinny shower. We are cooled, refreshed, and ready even more than before to keep shinning.

Not to mention when you mix the light with the rain it produces a rainbow! Something for others to see, something that will touch those around it, and something extraordinary.

I dont know if any of this made sense to you haha and sometimes this is just the way my mind works. Thing bless me in the natural just as they would in the spiritual.

Allow the Lord to stop you in your tracks and show you truth and love. Be refreshed by his grace. And allow it to produce what will touch the lives of others.

At the beginning of this post I put pictures that I took when I was in Hawaii. It was the first full rainbow I had every seen and by far one of the most beautiful things I have every seen. I couldn't believe my eyes and I almost didn't even want to look away if fear it would have vanished by the time I came back to it. Talking about rain and rainbows made me think of it and I thought I'd share it with you! Isn't it amazing!?

I love you! I hope life is wonderful and I pray that their be a refreshing interruption to your day :) We all need them sometimes!

Happy Wednesday :)

Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment