We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Official Blog

Okay everyone...here it is, the official blog. I know I know I know...this is the 3rd time I have switched the site but this is the one I am going to use. I posted my most recent blog from the last site I made since it was my first post toward married life :) And from here on out you will be able to enjoy much much more.

Tomorrow is our first wedding shower and I am so excited! Nic and I have been talking about it all week long and we seriously can not wait. This shower will include our families and our wedding party! And here is a little fun fact about the situation....our families haven't met yet!! So tomorrow is more than just a wedding shower but a mile stone in our lives and our relationship. I have no doubt that tomorrow will be awesome, eventful, and a story to be told so I can not wait to tell you more about it when it is over.

Our families are so great that I literally do not think that we had one family member say they weren't going to be able to make it. It's such a great feeling to feel supported and to have other people excited for you especially when those people are your family and your closest friends!

And here's another fun fact that you can look forward to hearing about after the shower...Nic HATES opening presents in front of people. And I can already see his squirms haha. It's not that he doesn't like getting presents because trust me he does he just gets uncomfortable opening them for some reason. It makes me smile, as do most of the unique things about him.

As I mention the uniqueness of Nic it reminds me of something I was thinking about today. I have a 30 minute drive to work and so I have plenty of time to think and pray but today's topic of thought was me looking back on how I knew that Nic was the one I was suppose to marry. I have a friend who has been back and forth about whether she wants to marry the guy she's been dating because of some social differences they have. And it occurred to me....part of the reason I knew Nic was the right person for me because even our differences made me love him more and in every flaw he had or has it makes him even more wonderful. Isn't love sweet?! The thought simply allowed me to feel the feeling of falling in love for the first time all over and I loved it.

So, cherish the ones you love even in your differences. We have all been made unique in the Lord and we are all beautiful in His sight <3>

I love you and cherish you :)
Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment