We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Thursday, July 7, 2011

8 Days :)

Well I have good news...as every day goes by my STRESS decreases :) That is because more is getting done everyday and it gets more and more refreshing!

I actually did not sleep very well last night. I do not remember it being because of wedding stuff I think it was just a bad night of sleep but regardless I decided to sleep in! I slept till about 9:45 then I got up and played with little piper, who is not so little anymore.

After awhile I actually did not do any wedding things until the evening. I spent the entire day filling out a application for Watauga County Schools! Although, I would LOVE to be only focused on the wedding right now, that is not the case. I still am job searching. I would love to have one in place by the time I get married but there is no telling. But two student service opportunities arose in Watauga County since I left Boone. If you have heard me talk about my dreams lately you would know being in a full time student service position in a school is a dream of mine! So I had to stop myself from any wedding things sit on the couch with my laptop and get it done. I emailed the principal at WHS and he said he would put in a good word for me so we will see! On paper I know I am under qualified but I know my heart and capabilities and so does the Lord, so we'll just put it in his hands, what do you think?! :)

Well after my never ending application I chose a layout for the reception and then went back to the SEAMSTRESS!! And once again...I did NOT leave with my dress. But I have good news too...the dress DOES fit! FINALLY!! But there were some problems with the way the lady put the hooks on so she had to do a little more work on it. Remember when I said she should have never touched this part of the dress and it was perfect before?! Just saying :)

But after that we headed to the groomsmen hotel and took care of the rooms and then we sat down for a nice dinner downtown. It all in all was a good day. I still feel the pressure from a few things that I know need to get done immediately but I have not really had time for yet but I know tomorrow is another day of preparation and another day to get things done.

At this point in the game I am focused mainly on one thing....I am marrying my best friend in 8 days...EIGHT DAYS! It gives me butterflies just thinking about it. I am so unbelievably excited. I am spending time through out my days praying for my sweetheart. I know he is worried about me getting stressed out but I also worry about him too. I want him to be stress free and being able to relax in this time. We have such an adventure ahead of us and I know it is going to be so much greater than our understanding. And not to mention in 9 days we will land in the beautiful island of St. Lucia for a week of just the two of us, the blue waters, and the SUN!! Woohoo!

I am still in disbelief that the time is actually here and tomorrow marks a week till the wedding. I am so excited to see all my friends in one place and celebrate a love that is modeled by the love of Christ and I am excited that that love is the love I share with the most amazing man :)

I love you all to death! I can not wait to see you next weekend and I am so excited for all that is ahead tomorrow. My stress has decreased and my excitement is taking over again! Phew, that is a GOOD feeling!

Goodnight!

Kira Vithalani

1 comment:

  1. praying for you and the days leading up to the wedding! You and Nick are such great examples for couples who follow after Christ with everything they are! Can't wait to see how beautiful everything is! :)

    ReplyDelete