We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

10 Days to Go

Okay everyone here it goes....

I am way too busy to blog but I am going to do it as my release and because I know I will be happy to have these last days written down. I am in Wilmington and I am officially preparing for the wedding. My mind is pretty much overloaded with all the things that are still left to do but my goal is to just keep trucking through it. Today was the day that my mom and I went around town to try to get done as much as we could and pick up all the last little things.

The tasks seem never ending but I know that they will end. Nic and I were on the phone earlier today and he asked me what my stress level was....at this point, I would say a 6. The good thing is that today was day one of finishing the last of the last things to do.

I can not believe I am getting married in ten days. It seems so soon. It excites me and makes me nervous all at the same time. I am beyond belief that it is finally here. They last days before I get to marry the man of my dreams. I get to put on my pretty white dress ( which at the moment does not fit me....a WHOLE nother story) and walk done the aisle truly glorifying the Lord and become one with the most wonderful man alive.

When I said I am nervous, I am not nervous about the gettin married part. I know that this is the man I am suppose to marry and I know that this is the time we are suppose to be married. Nothing in my life has ever felt so right and I can not wait for it all! I am nervous at my list of things to do and the wonder of if it will come together...which I know it will but until more things are complete and checked off the list the weight will still sort of be there.

I am not with Nic right now, he is still in Boone but I miss him like crazy! It would be easier with him by my side but I know that this time a part is going to be really unique for us. The anticipation is growing every day that I do not see him. When I see him again there will only be a few short days away until he will be my husband.Marriage has to be the world's sweetest thing and am so blessed to be on the edge of this great adventure.

The song I have in my spirit is so simple but so sweet for this time...I think most of my readers know it but if you dont you should look it up. Such a simple, sweet, everlasting, and ever played song about being prepared to be a vessel for the Lord.

Lord Prepare me to be a Sanctuary, Pure and Holy, Tried and True, With thanksgiving I'll be a living sanctuary for you.


I feel like I am in my time of preparation. Yes I am putting together centerpieces, searching for our last few things, spending too much time at the seamstress and florist but there is a deeper preparing going on. A preparing for the bride and groom to step into a sanctuary and have the Lord intertwine them. I am being prepared in my heart. Full of purity and holiness...this is how I desire to enter that center aisle. As a pure and holy, tried and true gift to my husband who is preparing the way for me.

I could go on and on but I have 9 more days to tell you my thoughts. That's right. You can follow me all the way up to the wedding on my blog. I promise to write everyday and to keep you updated on all that is ahead.

This is the time of my life thus far. In ten days no day will ever top it and no day will ever mean more to me than the day I get to marry Nic. I am beyond grateful!

If you have a moment say a prayer for us :)

Kira Vithalani
( I might as well sign my name in full while I still have it :) )

1 comment:

  1. I can't begin to express how excited I am for you and Nic! It'll all come together. God's got you! I can't wait to see you on your special day, I'll definitely be praying for the both you!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete