We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Monday, May 9, 2011

Road Trip

Geez, I didn't realize how long it had been since I had blogged. Sorry about that :) So this weekend marks a mile stone in my wedding adventures!! My DRESS CAME IN and I went to Wilmington to try it on for the first time!!!

Nic and I left Friday morning to make my boutique appointment of 2:00pm in Wilmington. I was SO thankful he came with me! First of all, we are the best road trip partners, which I am very thankful for. And who doesn't want to be in the car with the love of their life for 5 hours! To Nic and me road trips together are the BEST!! So we got to Wilmington and he dropped me off at the boutique where my mom met me. The time had come!! How exciting but honestly very nerve racking. I didn't say a whole lot which is a normal reaction for me when I am excitedly nervous. But we got in there and I put it on. My mom immediately began to get emotional and I really really loved it. Except....let's just say there were a few things that I would have liked to be different. Wish I could tell you the detailed story but Nic may read this and I can not give out any clues :) The lady at the store assured me that the things I wanted could be done, so I took the dress off, put the stress away and waited till my seamstress appointment in the morning.

In the mean time I went back to my house to find Nic passed out on the couch haha, I love that he can make himself comfortable in my parent's house. We relaxed for the rest of the day and then went out the the baseball fields to watch my brother's game, he coaches for our high school. I was so excited about this night for many reasons. One: I love baseball. Two: We were going as a family and Nic was there to be a part of it. Three: More than anything those baseball and softball fields are home to me. Four: I was so excited for Nic to see the part of my life that took over probably 75% of my childhood. Five: Nothing compares to a warm summer night at the baseball fields, no matter what field it is.

Well my exciting night didn't turn out to be so exciting! It POURED down rain! We went anyways but it was not as enjoyable that is for sure. But we stuck through it and supported my brother and hung out with my parents. It was still nice to all be together!

Saturday morning....aka the seamstress appointment. It didn't go as easy as planned but non the less it was successful. The first 30 minutes we were there we went round and round on if what I needed done was even possible at all. Can I just say that I do not think I even took a breath in that 30 minutes. I believe it was stressful for everyone in the entire room. But eventually we came to a quick fix conclusion and I took a risk but I let the seamstress do something on the spot that could have been dangerous if I didn't like it. But guess what....it made the dress PERFECT!! I was finally able to exhale, take a deep breath and relax! I'd say that is the most stressed I have been so far in the whole process.

I came back to Boone that evening welcomed by our INVITATIONS! Everything is becoming so official, and it is so exciting! I LOVE the invitations and I am having a girls party tomorrow at my house, hosting all my friends over to help me assemble them. Taking something tedious and turning it into a night to remember with my sweet friends! Although, time is getting shorter and seems to be running out this season of preparing for marriage has been a blast :)

Love you all,
Kira

1 comment:

  1. Love that everything is coming together for you! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete