We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Monday, May 16, 2011

Coffee Dates

Today I am going to let you in on one of Nic and I's secrets. We love love love to spend time together and do all sorts of things but our absolutely favorite thing that we do is have....

COFFEE DATES!



It seems so simple but to us they are so special. Nic and I both like to read, although he is a much more avid reader than I am, I still enjoy a good book. So we read books together often. And at any given moment in the last 3 years we have been dating we have most likely been reading a book together. It is not for everyone but it has definitely worked for us. We read something that will build us up in our relationship with each other and our relationship with the Lord. Reading these books have really shaped us and we give this time together a lot of credit in our relationship :) But back to the coffee dates...

Today we had our first one in a while. Life has been so busy lately and schedules have been crazy but we were able to sit down and go over some of the book we have been reading. More than the book these times together are so encouraging because we have the most wonderful conversations. A lot of times, in any relationship, we can get into a routine. We talk about life, people, and everyday things but good, genuine conversations that cause you to grow and fall more in love can sometimes be overlooked and unspoken. This is exactly what our coffee dates do for us. They set aside a time where we get to hear each other's hearts, dreams, and visions and both be challenged in the same way as we read the same book.

It was such a blessing to spend this time with Nic today :) We have always said that even when we are married we will continue to do this. It's just our thing and I think every couple should have their own :) Something that allows two people to be refreshed, gain joy in each other, learn more about one another, and grow together. Without having the time to do things things I can only imagine how bored we would get in our relationship after time.

Life is sweet. It is now less that 2 months till we get married. There is a lot to do but what's bigger than wedding plans is our personal growth together and the Lord is speaking clearly and blessing big! With out my trust being in Him I can totally see how Bridezillas can be created ;) Thank you Jesus for delivering me from that mindset haha

Love you all & have the most wonderful week!

Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment