We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Monday, May 30, 2011

Meet PIPER


Well it is official! Nic and I have finally put down our deposit on our sweet little puppy! Originally I wanted a male. Growing up with them I found that they were always the more loyal dogs but things changed alittle :) The other day I called the breeder and she said she had one male available! I was so excited and Nic and I hit to road yesterday after church to go meet the little booger and put down our deposit. Well on our way there the breeder called me and said that someone had put a deposit down on the male that MORNING! Needless to say I was bummed. Nic (while grinning because he some how found my being bummed a tad bit funny haha) said that we could turn around if I wanted too. But I insisted to keep going so we could meet the girls.

We got there and they brought all the girls that were available to us. And right away this little puppy who is still trying to figure our how to run and walk runs toward me with her little front legs STRAIGHT! Haha it was the cutest thing to see her run like that. She immediately climbed right into my lap....so sweet! I didn't want to fall in love to quickly so I continued to play with the others. One was the runt and to be honest she is so small I am unsure if she will make it, poor little thing was precious but did not stand a chance as our pick. They other one went straight for my shoes and if you know me...I can not risk my shoes being eatin haha. But she was definitely spunky but after a minute of playing she went off by her self and found a bag to chew on, she did her own thing and didn't even care that we were there. The next one was at first Nics favorite but she was WILD!! She was terrorizing all her sisters and she was always fighting for the attention. She was a player though which is what caught Nic at first. Then he got a hold of the little girl that I loved at first. He got up in his arms and did not want to leave. If he put her down she would come back to him. I think that she chose her owner before we even chose her :)

It was a hard decision because I really had my heart set on a boy. But the breeder brought the boy out for me to meet and I would have never chosen him either. They called him Mr. Mean and he was just like that little way to wild girl. But we got to see the Mommy and Daddy and they could not be prettier. So we decided that this sweet little girl was going to be our little baby!

I still can not believe it is real. I grew up with Dogs and love them more than anything and the last 5 years living in Boone all I have ever wanted was to get one but it was never the right timing or I never lived in a place that would except them. But it is really happening and Nic and I are getting the sweetest baby girl!

We get to take her home in a few weeks and it will be an adventure for sure! Nic and I were already talking last night how we wish she was here! And can I just take a moment to say how wonderful my fiance is! I honestly never saw all of this happening so easy and he has been so supportive about getting the dog and so for it! And although it is just a dog it has blessed me beyond measure that this wasn't a fight but it was an agreement. I have been so impressed and in awe about how FOR this he is! He used to say that he never wanted an animal in the house and now he is just excited about this puppy as I am! God has blessed me with a great man! Here is our first family pic :)

3 comments:

  1. She is the cutest thing! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo sweet. Layla and Piper.... i hope they are best friends!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious!! Can't wait to play with her. :)

    ReplyDelete