We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Friday, March 11, 2016

Going Back to Your Vineyard


Fearlessness. When I use this word I use it to encompass the desire to be able to hear and do what the Lord is asking of me and disregard the uncomfortability of his request. My hope is to have my trust in Him so deep that I don't care what someone thinks of me, or how crazy I may seem, knowing that by obedience to Him I will be touched by seeing His glory manifest.


When I hear the holy spirit tugging on my heart to call an old friend, bless someone financially, speak truth, post a blog, etc. It stretches me. It stretches me to walk into a conversation that I am unsure of where it will go or what will be said. It stretches my faith to know that I really don't have the extra money to spend but if God is urging my heart to give that he will not let me go without. Sometimes these directions in my spirit can grate against my flesh so hard that it can actually make me have that sick feeling in my stomach.


But how often do we get in these situations and then just walk away. We don’t do what we feel like we should. We avoid that small voice inside so that we can stay comfortable. Sure we avoid the uneasiness but in doing that, someone didn’t get blessed and someone didn’t get to experience Christ through us because of it.


It’s a hard thing to be completely fearless in fear of our Lord. And when we avoid these directions we normally go on fine, sometimes it erks us, sometimes we just suppress it.


In Matthew 21:28-31 there is a parable about a father and 2 sons. He asked them both to go work in the vineyard. When he asked the first son to go, the son straight up told his daddy, “I will not.” He didn’t try to justify it or anything. Just completely rebelled. He asked the other son and he immediately responded and said “I will.” But he never went. But then the son who stood firm in saying he would not go, changed his mind, went back and worked in the vineyard. Jesus asked the people, who did what the father asked? And they responded, the first son. The son who said he would not go and do the work. He is the one who ended up being obedient and He then explained that this obedience would grant you access to the Kingdom of God.


Being fearless is not in what we “say” we will do. It is in what we actually do. It’s in our ACTION. It’s in our completion of what the Lord has asked of us.


What have you said no to?
What have you been avoiding that you know you are suppose to do?
What relationship do you know you should be investing in?
What life change are you needing to make?
What decision is it time that you finally make?
Who have you not forgiven or said sorry too?


You may have said no first but I know that the yearning in your spirit is still present. It once made you feel sick at the thought of doing that certain thing but now you are sick at the fact that you still haven't done it. Your spirit is grieving to be obedient. And, praise God, no matter what we say, our obedience is shown through action.


The scripture said that the first son “later changed his mind”. He changed his mind and went back and did what he was asked to do. And Jesus called that right, he didn’t say it was too late, or it didn’t count because he first said no. He called it right! And doing what is righteous and obedient grants you access to the Kingdom of God. All his blessings  and power.


I dealt with this last week as I had fear to put my blog post out to the world. I wasn’t sure that it would be received the right way and that made me nervous. But the truth is God gave me those words. Right or wrong, they were timely. They were what he spoke in my spirit to share with others. So I posted it on Friday but I drug my feet on releasing it through media, it was my way of “doing what was asked of me but controlling the audience.” Well this isn’t what Christ has called me to do with the ministry of this blog. The whole point is to not hide the truth and to not put on a skewed picture of life. To show it’s honest struggles while magnifying its honest greatness. So saying I would do it but doing it my own way was not right. So on Wednesday, I went back to my vineyard, and I did what I knew I was suppose to. I published the blog on media. I chose faith over fear. It was a delayed choice, but at least I made it.


Take time to think about this and challenge yourself to change your own mind. It doesn’t mean it won't be scary or uncomfortable. The fears that originally kept you from following through may still be present but focus your thoughts on God’s sovereignty. Focus on knowing that he will be present in the uncomfortability. Do as he has directed you, do what is righteous, and see how not only he will bless someone through you but blesses you personally as well. I would love to hear how you also stepped out and returned to your personal vineyard to do God’s work!

As Always, let’s journey together!

No comments:

Post a Comment