We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Friday, March 25, 2016

Don't Waste His Blood


It’s Easter weekend! This has always been my favorite holiday! There must be something about the joy of Jesus and the welcoming season of spring that pulls all my heart strings at once and I love it! I am also so excited to share this post with you. This is a revelation I received about 10 months ago and I have been holding out to share it because I found it so fitting for the celebration of what Easter is truly about.

It’s no secret that I had a hard time after I had my son. I’m learning more and more how my breakdown was a mixture of many factors but there was a point in time when I wondered if I could ever be fully restored. I knew I wanted my joy and peace back but I really wasn’t sure if it was possible. I questioned if this would be a fight that I would continuously battle or if I would one day walk again in freedom.

It was last summer and I was already months into my fight to beat depression and other pressures when I had the most significant revelation that brought me to the place where I finally knew my freedom was attainable. I was convicted, yet revolutionized, in my way of thinking toward my struggles and it was all drawn out by these words...

That day I read Romans 3:23-25…

“For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are ALL justified freely through REDEMPTION that came through Jesus Christ. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, THROUGH THE SHEDDING OF HIS BLOOD--to be received by faith.”

After reading these verses, I then heard the Lord speak so clearly to me the key to my conviction and redemption. The words I heard would forever change my life and my perspective on living a life of freedom. So deep in my spirit the Lord spoke to me and said,
“Don’t waste my blood.”
And as I received this direction it pierced my very soul, mind, and spirit just as the sound of a cannon would jolt your entire body.

Don’t waste His blood? Those are the words that caused such a shift? That’s right. At this point in recovery I knew that I was loved by the Lord and the depression & insecurity I was feeling was a lie. But despite knowing this truth I remained chained to my struggles by shame . Sure, from the outside things looked good, even to me, but on the inside, I was still walking through hell. I was still struggling and I was bound.To chain myself with shame was me judging and convicting myself for the hard time I was having. It was me believing that these strongholds had power over me. It ultimately was me saying that Christ’s blood was NOT ENOUGH payment for me to overcome. He was beaten to death and hung on a cross for my freedom. The doubt that I could recover was a dishonor to blood he shed on the cross. He did all this so that we could have the victory here on earth. God spilt the blood of His only son, the savior of the world, so that we could have FREEDOM! The day I heard these words was the day that I knew I had been living, just as I mentioned before, as if Christ’s blood wasn’t enough. I was putting doubt in the truth that nothing is more powerful than his blood. My situation, my current struggle, the thorn in my flesh, wasn’t there because it had power, it was still there because I didn’t have faith in HIS power. Even in Revelation 12:11 the word shows us that satan is triumphed by the blood of the lamb.

The great news about all of this is that all though I personally received this revelation, it is not just for me. Christ blood wasn’t just shed for me to overcome my own struggles, addictions, etc. Christ’s blood was shed for your’s too.

So ask yourself what mindsets, habit, addictions, etc that are not of God are fastening themselves to you? What are you doubtful that you can overcome? What are you still carrying shame about?

I want you to know that Christ understands what you are going through. You may feel as if in certain areas of your life you are trapped but I want you to hear today that Christ already walked through hell and conquered these things so that we wouldn’t have to. After Christ took His last earthly breath he endured more turmoil, He left this earth and walked through hell, he bore all our sins, he bore all our burdens, and he DEFEATED them all. We don’t talk about what happened between death and resurrection very often. We know he died and he rose but we forget that in between he walked and he conquered every temptation and struggle we will face.

We are all justified. He knows your pain is real, he knows that it’s scary, and he knows that it hurts. But when we continue to walk in bondage, doubting our call to freedom, I want you to imagine Christ looking at you, scarred from the wounds and pain of the cross, asking you, “Was my blood not enough?”

In Galatians 5:1 scripture tells us, “It is for freedom that Christ set you free, stand firm then and do not let yourselves be burdened AGAIN by the yoke of slavery.”

YOU ARE CALLED TO BE FREE. We may still face struggles but by the blood we have the power to overcome them. Where you feel chained is a representation of where you are not allowing Christ’s blood, God’s ultimate sacrifice, to cover you. We were set free but by our skewed mindset we allow ourselves to step back into slavery. You are not bound by your situation. Keep pushing through to feeling your freedom.

When I received this conviction I knew that although I may have still felt bogged down and discouraged, I had to put my faith in what happened on the Cross. I had to believe that nothing I was to experience was more powerful than Christ’s blood shed for me. The price had been paid for me. It was finished on the cross. And if our eyes are fixed on that truth we’ll never settle for less than being “free indeed” (John 8:36).

Keep going. Keep fighting. You will recover. You will overcome. You will get your joy back. Your passion will be reignited. You will feel your freedom. His blood is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment