We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Friday, January 15, 2016

Sentenced to Death...

Today I want to paint a picture of taking our thoughts captive and bring some light to the fact that the lies we believe about ourselves and about others actually do matter. The bible says “For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.” Proverbs 23:7. So our thoughts, even if never spoken, are what directs us to what we become and what we will experience.


God gave us the ability to chose. He is the author but we given the role of director. He is the ultimate judge yet we are the jury. We decide what to do. We decide the right or wrong choices. We decide whether we walk in the truth that gives us life or the lies that bring forth death.

I don’t know about you but I’m fed up with the lies in my life. We all have them and they vary for each of us. A few of mine are that life is too hard, that I don’t have time. that I carry the weight of my struggles, that no one will understand me, that I will fail, and many more.

But today I stand in the courtroom of my life. I am the jury and I put my lies on the stand.

_______________________

I hereby find the lies in my life GUILTY..

Guilty for stealing my joy. Guilty for robbing me every morning of excitement of my day. Guilty for making me feel as if the day will be a fight instead of a blessing. Guilty for keeping me from experiencing the gifts God places for me in people and experiences everyday. Guilty for bringing doubt into my mind when I serve a God who can do the impossible. Guilty for placing pressures on my life when the Lord says to cast our worries on him. Guilty for making me feel alone when there are people in my life that support me and love me everyday. Guilty for clouding my mind when God’s truth says that I will have a sound mind. Guilty for making me feel as if no one understands me when the bible says that I am known by God.

To the lies in my life...You are charged of stealing my blessings, murdering my dreams, vandalizing my body, neglecting my heart, trafficking negativity, starving my relationships, and harassing my mind.

Due to these charges you hereby lose your residence in me. This is your official eviction notice. You must leave. My dreams will be given back their hope. My heart will be given back it’s joy. My relationships will be nourished with love. I will wake up in an atmosphere of rejoicing. My mind will be freed. My blessings will flow to me continuously.

In fact, you are now sentenced to death.
So that I may be filled with the light.
_______________________

What lies do you believe about yourself or about others?
Do you feel alone?
Do you feel as if you can’t succeed?
Do you feel as if you are worthless or without purpose?
Do you feel as if you have no friends or no one gets you?
Do you feel as if you are too big of a mess?
Do you believe you are stuck?

The possible lies we can  believe about ourselves and others could be endless. But just as you wouldn’t let a murderer or a convict live in your home with your family and your most prized possessions and loved ones you shouldn’t let the lies of the enemy reside in your heart, mind, and soul. If they are there, they are undoubtedly hurting you and those around you.

Your dreams and your blessings are dying at the altar of your lies. Your family and friends are suffering because they aren’t able to be endowed with the real, fearless, you. The stranger in the grocery store is missing the blessing they were suppose to receive from you because you believed you didn’t matter or  that they didn’t matter. And you’re missing your own blessing because you believe you’re not worth it.

Whatever your specific lies are in your own life, it’s time to recognize them as criminal and it’s time to value yourself enough to not subject yourself to them. Put them on the stand. Call them out for what they really are, evict them, sentence them to death, and allow God to give back what they have taken from you.

You’re worth it. Write your own eviction letter. Start this year with a no tolerance attitude.

For every lie that gets to live in you is a truth that is held hostage.

No comments:

Post a Comment