We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Friday, October 9, 2015

Come Walk With Me



I am sure most of my readers at this point in my blogging life know who I am.
But in case you don’t, I’m Kira Cardwell.


I’d describe myself as an imperfect woman with a big enough desire to follow God that I sometimes seem a little crazy, but I’m okay with that :)  He has so graciously entrusted me with being a wife to the most amazing man and not just a wife but a coach’s wife. I’m a mother to the most precious boy, Kai Isaiah, and a true lover and supporter of my family and friends.


I am stepping out in faith and fear as I start blogging again. In the past I have blogged here and there, said I’d start again and be consistent only to eventually fall back out of the blogging routine. But a lot has happened in my life over the last year. So much that I know now that I am just not here to write endearing stories of the happenings of my life but I am here to touch the world with the happenings of my heart.


In the last year and a half I have been the prime example of 2 Corinthians 4:8-9.


I have been hard pressed on every side...but not crushed.
Completely perplexed….but escaping despair
Persecuted….but not abandoned
Struck down….but not destroyed


At times I found myself face to face with the enemy and at other times I felt as if I was walking hand in hand with the Lord. I have learned spiritual warfare and I have learned to fight. So now here I am, after being in months of recovery from the darkest season of my life I am ready to take the way my heart has been touched and put it into words. I believe I am not alone. I believe that I am not the only woman in the world that’s been through a difficult time. I believe that we are all in need of encouragement, truth, and a real picture of life.


I have been so convicted of the way that social media can play with our minds about the life of another person. If you knew half the battles I have had to fight emotionally, physically, and spiritually you wouldn’t look at my pictures on instagram and wish you were me. Sure, what you you see is true, I do love my husband and have most precious son! I do fun things and enjoy my life but it doesn’t mean it is easy. So I am here to paint a clearer picture.


A picture of a woman who is an overcomer! A woman who has made mistakes. A woman who has to work hard to feel free, loved, and peace. A woman who finds her joy in the Lord. A woman who has been a neglectful mother and wife at times but a woman who would do anything in the world for her family. A woman who is weak. A woman who finds her strength in her God. A woman who struggles and a woman who surely will never stop fighting. A woman who practices sacrifice to experience holiness. A woman whose heart is pure and cares for other men and woman, knowing, that we all have things pressing in our lives but we all have a strong desire to rise above them.


I believe this blog will be completely different than it has been in the past. The purpose has changed but the message has not. I am still on my journey to fearlessness. I desire to be led by God’s spirit and to move where he calls me , to speak what he tells me, and to be all that he has purposed me for. And I am determined to break the chains to every stronghold that holds me back from living a life unafraid.


And if you chose to follow this blog, I promise to pull you along on this journey with me. I may mess up a lot, I may have fallen into a dead season, I may have missed the mark more than I can count but I will say I have never stopped fighting for a fearless life for God.


My hope is we will laugh together, cry together, be real together, be humbled together, but at the same time grow together.


I have found restoration, strength, and power and I can’t wait to share with you my revelations, my stories, the things that have helped me and the things that still try to beat me.

Hear me when I say my life is a blessing but as you know just because it is blessed doesn’t mean it’s easy and I think most of us can relate to that. So let’s take this walk together..the enemy will surely keep trying to take us out on our way because we all have a greater purpose that he never wants to see us reach. But together we can keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep renewing our hearts and mind to hear and move into the abundant life God has called us into.

No comments:

Post a Comment