We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Do. Not. Lose. Heart.

Do you ever hear someone say something to you, read something, or hear a lyric on the radio and think....WOW, that is exactly what I needed.

Well today I read in 2 Corinthians 4 and the simple words....DO NOT LOSE HEART...almost took the breath right out of me (God's word will do that, you should read it sometime :))It was like I was reading, reading, reading, and then read those words and I knew it was the Lord speaking straight to me.

I am a sensitive person as a lot of you may know and I have a big heart. I struggle with the loss of people. Losing friends, family, people in general, has never come easy for me. And most of all I am a fighter. I will fight for a friend till the death before a call it a lost cause.

Recently in my life I have had so many changes and it was so quick I think some of that grieving has taken place without my knowing of it. I am a trooper so I will push through just about any hardship or challenge without hesitation but sometimes life takes a toll on you and by the time you notice it it can be too late :) Especially when you have a wonderful husband and life and there shouldn't be much to complain about. But sometimes it just happens. Life goes by fast and you take a second to look back and you begin to hurt.

The heart is a funny thing. It is the store house for so much. Every good thing and every bad thing. You ask Jesus into your heart but at the same time negative things can come from your heart. This is why in the bible we have been told to GUARD our HEARTS for it is the wellspring of life! It is our nourishment for life and it is other peoples nourishment for life as we use our heart to love. To lose sight of the importance of your heart, the God with in, the desires with in, and the love with in it would be to "lose heart" and would ultimately be a tragedy.

No matter what has happened in a persons life the heart must be protected. Although it feels like we have been run over beat up and destroyed, the heart can withstand it all. In the same chapter I read this morning is says....

"We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed, perplexed but not despair, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed....Therefore do not lose heart. Though we are outwardly wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day."


I don't know about you but I believe the word of God is true. So although we may FEEL like we are crushed, in despair, and destroyed. God says we are not! And our heart stands strong because with in it holds the Creator of the earth, our rock, and our salvation...our ALL POWERFUL GOD! Maybe this spoke to me personally and that is why I am so pumped about this word but when I caught this revelation for the place I am currently I was encouraged and ready to jump up and down in excitement.

We are stronger than we think we are.
We are doing better than we think we are.
We are in fact in the hands of the Lord.
There is in fact no better place.

Just wanted to share with you something that touched my heart today. Hope it touches yours too.

Love you all!
Kira Cardwell

No comments:

Post a Comment