We've all been resistant to stepping out in faith. We've all let fear hold us back.
On this blog you'll find real life revelations and stories from an imperfect woman, wife, mother, and friend who lives with a daily desire to experience healing for where I've missed the mark, joy where I've felt lonely, to be fulfilled where I've felt without, and ultimately live the abundant and secure life that Christ has called me to. I want to live fearlessly for my God...trust in Him fully...and do what he's asked me without hesitation . I know I'm not alone and my hope is we can walk together, overcome our strongholds, and embrace a life unafraid as we walk with our Lord.


Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Finish Free Devotional - Day 4 of 13

Tricks

Prayer
Father God, you are so good. You are the hand that saves us from the deceiver. Lord I pray protection over our lives in the last days of this year. Keep us from the enemy’s hand and help us to see clearly the areas in which he is building our pride. I want to let go of the things that I still have my grip on. Thank you for being a Lord that we can trust and that care about us.We humble ourselves before your throne. You are almighty, you are all knowing, and there is no reason why you shouldn’t permeate in all areas of my life. I pray as I spend time with you daily that I will be fit with the armor of God and that I will know my worth as it is defined by you and not the world.
In your Son’s holy name,
Amen

Verse
Matthew 4 

Thoughts
Let’s not be naive. You have purpose to your life. You have a chance for a fresh start in a new year just days around the corner. The last thing the enemy wants is for you to find strength in the turning of the year. He in no way wants you to take the opportunity to turn things around like we talked about yesterday. So we must be on watch for his tricks. In the wilderness he tempted Jesus by trying to build him up and make him prideful. Pride is what leads us to our own destruction. The areas we feel entitled to are the areas we are not leaning on the Lord. Our weakest places are the places that we think we “have it covered” and are not leaning on God.

Questions
Where do you feel as if you “have it covered”?
What things are you leaving God out of and doing on your own?
Are you allowing the world to determine how you will gain your worth?
Are you spending time in prayer and thanksgiving for every area of your life?

Challenge
Recognize where you are not leaning on the Lord for strength, help, and direction then humble yourself. Admit that you know, although it looks good now over time with out God it will be destroyed. Let God in and avoid the enemy's tricks of pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment